General Membership Meeting - 2017-2018
The Omicron Delta Chapter holds their General Membership Meeting online through The Circle. This allows all members, regardless of where they live, to participate at a time that is convenient for them. To participate, members simply log on to The Circle with their e-mail and member number. They may view the discussion threads and post as much or as little as they would like. Two resources will be used for this meeting. An online journal review and/or an online course. CE credits are available free of charge to any member that completes the online course and the associated course requirements..
Dates: October 27-30, 2017
Topic: Effective Treatments for Opiod Use Disorder: Educating & Empowering All Registered Nurses During an Epidemic
Moderators: Marilyn Klakovich & Alison Collins
Please review one of the following resources or both prior to the General Membership Meeting:
1. Article: What Will It Take to Overcome the Opiod Epidemic?
2. Online CNE Course: Effective Treatments for Opiod Use Disorders
Effective Treatments for Opiod Use Disorder: Educating & Empowering All Registered Nurses During an Epidemic
This course is free to all STTI members (please follow directions below to access the course). It takes about an hour to complete and 1.25 contact hours will be awarded following the completion. The topics presented in this course will be discussed during the GM Meeting.
To complete the course:
1) Go to the following link: Effective Treatments for Opiod Use Disorder: Educating & Empowering All Registered Nurses During an Epidemic
2) You will need to create a guest account if you do not already have an APNA account
3) Follow the prompts to reach the pre-test and online course.
4) To receive the 1.25 contact hours you must listen to the entire online course, complete an evaluation and earn a passing score on the post test prior to July 30, 2018.
October 27th: Check In - Go to The Circle at: www.nursingsociety.org Log in at the top right hand corner if it says "Sign In". If it has your name listed - you are already logged in and can proceed to The Circle. Click on "The Circle" half way down the page. From there you will be on your own "Circle" page. At the top of the page there is a menu...select "Discussions". Then scroll down the page to "Chapters" and you will see a link to the Omicron Delta Chapter discussions. Click on "Omicron Delta Chapter". You will see a discussion thread titled "General Membership Meeting - Check In".
October 28-30: Day 1-3 Discussions - Logging in as you did for the Check In day, you will now see subject headings listed as Day 1, Day 2, and Wrap Up for your review.
October 30: Day 3 Chapter Reports - Chapter Officer Reports will be posted for review. Members should review the Chapter Officer Reports prior to logging into the Circle and participating in the DAY 3 discussions.