- Research Scholarships: Through the chapter's scholarship program, Omicron Delta awards research scholarships and professional development scholarships. Research scholarships are awarded once per year. Applications may be submitted any time after July 1 through December 31. If any scholarship funding remains after January 1, applications may be submitted and funds will be dispersed to qualified applicants. Once all funds have been distributed, the research scholarship process is closed until July 1.
- Professional Development Scholarships: Professional development scholarships are awarded quarterly. Members may submit applications to be reimbursed for attendance to a professional development conference as a presenter or as an attendee.
- Academic Scholarships: Omicron Delta also offers five academic scholarships to UOP doctoral students in the form of membership dues reimbursement. An announcement regarding the process of offering this reward is made on the chapter Circle page in the spring of each year.
The research and scholarship committee of Omicron Delta is dedicated to the processes of awarding qualified applicants scholarships for the purpose of research and publication, as well as provide a forum to showcase and disseminate nursing research. Three scholarships are offered to different audiences.
Research: Dr. Sandra Wise and Dr. Pamela Fuller Research Scholarships
Professional Development: Past President's Scholarship for Professional Development
- The purpose of these two scholarships is to recognize researcher(s) for his/her dedication to academic excellence, professional development, leadership potential for promoting healthier communities and efforts demonstrating evidence based research and practice. These scholarships are awarded annually. Amount not to exceed $2000.00 per applicant.
- The purpose of this scholarship is to recognize Omicron Delta members who wish to attend or present at a professional nursing conference. Applications will be reviewed quarterly (January, April, July, October) by the committee on the 30th of the month. Submission of application must be received by the 15th of each month. Notification of acceptance will be in writing to the applicant within two weeks of the decision. Requests for professional development that meet the criteria will be based on discussion of the committee members who will come to a consensus. Amount requested not to exceed $1000.
Applicants must demonstrate eligible criteria by completing the online application. If an applicant demonstrates eligibility criteria for more than one scholarship and/or wishes to be considered in more than one category, a separate completed application including funding criteria specific to each scholarship must be submitted.
Active Omicron Delta members are given priority consideration by the Committee.
The Committee reserves the right to award designated scholarship monies in any of the three categories to more than one qualified applicant.
Applicant must be a Registered Nurse with a current, unencumbered RN license in any of the fifty United States. Licenses will be verified through the NCSBN process.
Omicron Delta will be noted as a supporting or sponsoring factor in applicant’s presentations or research.
Tuition reimbursement is not considered as a scholarly effort and is not eligible for funding. See individual scholarships for specific criteria and supporting documents.